Monday, November 22, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Day 1

I stumbled upon a blog today that is hosting a blog challenge, and it's on Christmas! Once I read the topics, I knew that I wanted to participate, so I will participating in the 12 Days of Christmas for the next 2 weeks.




The first topic is Christmas/Holiday traditions:

1. Christmas Tree
We always decorate our Christmas tree with tons of ornaments. We get a real tree every other year, and this year is our year to use our fake tree (which I don't like as much), but I'm sure we'll have it up pretty soon!


2. Christmas Cookies
My mom's side of the family gets together in December and we bake a ton of Christmas cookies. I LOVE this tradition because it is always so much fun and the cookies are always so yummy.

Here is a picture of us baking cookies a few years ago:


3. Festival of Lights
At our zoo, they have a spectacular lights display that we go to every year. It is so cool because everyone where you look, there are lights. They sell hot chocolate and fun little treats. I can't wait to go this year!


4. Christmas Shopping
I know that basically everyone does Christmas shopping, but I think it is SO much fun. I love finding a gift that I know someone will absolutely love. I also love seeing people's reactions when they open your present!

5. A Christmas Carol
Every other year we go and see A Christmas Carol, and we are seeing it this year! No matter how many times I see this play I still love it!


I think that's about all I can think of for my Christmas traditions. I'll be back tomorrow for the 2nd day of the blog challenge!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. I need to add to my list that we go and see the Nutcracker and a Christmas Carol every year for the holidays as well! Cute blog! Love your traditions!

Molly said...

Love your traditions, so fun! The cookie baking night, I would love to sample that, ha :)

Kit said...

I love your traditions! The cookie night is such a great idea!!!!! I bet the lights at the zoo are so cool!