Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Day 9



It's Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas challenge! Today's topic is:

Favorite Holiday Recipe

YES! I'm loving this topic & I knew exactly what recipe I want to share with all of you: Egg Casserole! My mom makes it every year and we eat it after we open our gifts. It's one of those special occasion dishes that we don't eat too often, so it's such a treat when we do have it. Here's the recipe:

Egg Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb. pork sausage
9 eggs (beaten until fluffy)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 slices white bread in 1/4" cubes
3 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Preparation:
Cook sausage and drain. Blend milk, cheese, eggs, bread, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Fold in sausage. Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of it, but you'll have to trust me - it's good!This recipe is SO easy to make, and it tastes SO good. I always look forward to it on Christmas morning :)

8 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

My mom makes somethin very similar on Christmas morning too!

Emily Powell said...

I think I've had this before! It's super yummy!

Molly said...

This sounds DELISH!

Thanks for sharing girl :)

ty said...

I may have to make this for dinner!

Lindsey said...

thats funny that you put this as your recipe because my mom makes an egg casserole every xmas too - regardless of when she makes it - it always smells like christmas!

Michelle said...

this sounds really yummy!

Kit said...

This sounds so good and easy!!!!!

Emily said...

I might have to steal your recipe and make it for Christmas morning, sounds super yummy! Thanks for sharing!! :)