Monday, November 22, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Day 2



I'm really excited about today's topic: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks.

I LOVE Black Friday, and I don't mind the lines, crowds, and waiting. I hate waiting for anything, unless it's Black Friday - ha!


But anyway, I thought I would post some of the things we do on Black Friday that have seemed to work out for us in the past.

1. Look through the ads
Does anyone else totally look forward to the Thanksgiving day newspaper just for the ads? I think they are so fun to look through. We always look through them and see if there is anything we really want.

2. Figure out a Plan
Figure out what stores you want to go to at what time. I think everything goes so much smoother on Black Friday when we have an "agenda" that we kind of stick to.

3. Bring the ads with you
I know that they have the ads in the stores, but I think it is so much easier to bring them along. That way you can remember exactly what you're looking for.

4. This is my favorite part: Just have Fun!
Like I said in my last post, I love finding that perfect gift for someone (especially if you can get it on sale!). Last year my dad and I went to Dunkin Donuts while we were out shopping. I thought that was fun and yummy, and I think we are going to do that again.

And I was looking around at some Black Friday tips online, and I found a really funny one. It said "Avoid drinking too much coffee or soda, so that you can make it through the lines, without needing a bathroom break." HAHAHAHA I just thought that sounded so funny. I guess some people really plan ahead for Black Friday - ha!

I can't wait to see everyone else's Black Friday/general shopping tips. You can head back over here to check them out!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello :) I found you from the 12 Days Challenge link up! I agree with you on all these tips! I also go out to breakfast every year to lighten things up a little, totally forgot to add that to my list :) Have a good Thanksgiving!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Just having fun IS important!! I think sometimes we all get so wrapped up in shopping and then we get frustrated!! Thanks for mentioning that!!! :)

Kit said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing these tips!!!! Having fun is the most important part!

Unknown said...

Having fun is the most important thing! Great tips!

Jessie said...

I totally look forward to Thanksgiving so I can go get the paper and look at the ads! It is not nearly as fun the last few years when the ads get "accidentally" leaked...I love the anticipation of waiting for the paper and looking at the ads!

Marah said...

i'm your newest follower from 12 days of Christmas!

i'd love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com