Friday, November 12, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

I recently became aware of a great charity, Operation Christmas Child, that I thought I would pass on! I think it is such a great idea.

You can ready about it on the website, but I thought I would go ahead and write a little bit about on here. The whole idea is to give children in poverty gifts for Christmas.

Here's how to get involved:

1. Get a shoebox, and wrap it.

2. Decide what gender and age group your box is going to be for.

3. Pick out items to fit in the box for them. (A list of suggestions is on here)

4. Include $7 or more for shipping costs, and place that in an envelope in the box where it is clearly visible.

5. Fill out this form and tape it to the top of your box.

6. Drop it off at a collection center! (And for the people who live around me, there are a lot of different places you can drop them off.) You can find out where to drop them off at here.


The rest of the details are on the website too if I wasn't real clear. I just think it is such a great cause, and I think it would be fun going out and shopping for presents to put in the box :) And if you can't buy a box, these children are always in need of prayers!

I know it's a little bit of short notice (I only found out about it yesterday), because the collections are next week, but you still have this weekend to put together a box!

No comments: