Thursday, November 4, 2010

Faith

Yesterday we had a speaker come to our school. He talked about a lot of things including chastity, marriage, and relationships. I especially liked the section where he talked about our future spouses.

I think it is so weird to think that my future husband is out there somewhere right now. I've thought about that before, but it was nice to hear it again. My favorite thing he said was, "You don't go to high school to find your husband. You go to high school to find your bridesmaids." The presentation was really good, and you can check them out here.

This whole talk got me thinking about faith, and how important it truly is. I mean, without faith, life would be SO much more difficult. However, having faith is work. It does take effort, and you have to work on it everyday. We don't know what our future holds, which is super scary. I like to have everything all planned out. God has my future all planned out, but I don't know what it is. All I know is that IS good.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 says:

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you.

Is it just me, or is that quote super comforting? He has plans for our welfare. Plans for a future full of hope.

Like I said before, we don't know what the future is going to be like. Do I have an image of my life in 10 years? Yes. Do I have plans for next month? Yes. Do I have plans for tomorrow? Yes. Could all of my plans actually never happen? Yes. We just don't know. My life could be completely different from the way I imagine it right now. But either way, will my future be a good one? Yes, as long as I have faith.

I am also currently reading The Alchemist. It is SO good. Just from reading what it was about I thought it sounded really dumb. It did NOT seem like a book I would want to read. A friend of mine really recommended it, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm not finished with it yet, but it is so much better than I expected. It has a lot of big ideas and themes in it. It also makes me think. A lot. Which I like. It also has a lot of good quotes, so if you follow me on Twitter, I've been tweeting a lot of the quotes :)

And I'm going to end this post with another quote that I love. "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."