Sunday, June 16, 2013

College Cake Pops & Other Things I've Been Up To.....

I feel so behind on blogging. With catching up on posts about my trip and then just being super busy in general, I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog. Plus I haven't really taken that many pictures recently, so I haven't had a ton of things to share either! So this is just going to be a catch up post.......

I have been going to graduation parties like crazy recently. Last weekend I had five, and last night I went to another one. My first one last weekend was for my friend Amanda who I used to dance with. We don't get to see each other very often anymore, so it's always fun to get together.

I had a cake pop order from my friend Abby for her graduation party last weekend. It was for both her and her sister (who graduated from grade school), so I had to do both Seton and UC cake pops. I will always love doing Seton ones, and it was fun to do UC ones for the first time.


I loved the way the graduation caps turned out!


UC logo!

I tweeted a picture of my UC cake pops, and got a response from the official UC Twitter page - I already feel super welcomed at UC.

I had a few other graduation parties for friends too. I know that buying gifts for parties like that isn't required, but I couldn't bear just showing up empty handed, so I've been making little cake pop bouquets for them. These are 2 UC bouquets for my friends Laura and Erin who are going to UC next year too.

This one is a Mount St. Joe bouquet for my cousin Jessica who graduated from there. I made this to go along with our gift my family got her.


Last night I went to my friend Christina's graduation party and made her Loyola of Chicago cake pops since that's where she's going next year.

When I saw that their mascot is a wolf, I knew I just had to try it out. I'm not one to shy away from something that looks complicated. It didn't turn out perfect, but I was still pretty happy with it.


When I haven't been making cake pops, I've been super busy doing other things!

I've been playing with Coco a lot.

I also went shopping last week and bought my first professional pencil skirt. I am now ready to be a businesswoman - ha! Obviously I won't be wearing it with just a cami, but I couldn't pass up this skirt - it's made really nice and was marked down to $30 at Express. Score!

I have just really been loving Express lately, which is funny because I don't usually shop there and have only a handful of items from there. But I bought this tank a few months ago and just wore it for the first time the other day. I think it is now one of my favorite tops ever, and I expect to be wearing it a lot this summer. I just love the color and fit of this peplum tank!

I think I'm going to stop there and pick up another day soon with some more catching up. Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this pageclick here to investigate great post to readsee it here Homepageread what he said

stitheet said...

more replica ysl bags click for source aaa replica bags check this link right here now dolabuy replica