Sunday, June 16, 2013

College Cake Pops & Other Things I've Been Up To.....

I feel so behind on blogging. With catching up on posts about my trip and then just being super busy in general, I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog. Plus I haven't really taken that many pictures recently, so I haven't had a ton of things to share either! So this is just going to be a catch up post.......

I have been going to graduation parties like crazy recently. Last weekend I had five, and last night I went to another one. My first one last weekend was for my friend Amanda who I used to dance with. We don't get to see each other very often anymore, so it's always fun to get together.

I had a cake pop order from my friend Abby for her graduation party last weekend. It was for both her and her sister (who graduated from grade school), so I had to do both Seton and UC cake pops. I will always love doing Seton ones, and it was fun to do UC ones for the first time.


I loved the way the graduation caps turned out!


UC logo!

I tweeted a picture of my UC cake pops, and got a response from the official UC Twitter page - I already feel super welcomed at UC.

I had a few other graduation parties for friends too. I know that buying gifts for parties like that isn't required, but I couldn't bear just showing up empty handed, so I've been making little cake pop bouquets for them. These are 2 UC bouquets for my friends Laura and Erin who are going to UC next year too.

This one is a Mount St. Joe bouquet for my cousin Jessica who graduated from there. I made this to go along with our gift my family got her.


Last night I went to my friend Christina's graduation party and made her Loyola of Chicago cake pops since that's where she's going next year.

When I saw that their mascot is a wolf, I knew I just had to try it out. I'm not one to shy away from something that looks complicated. It didn't turn out perfect, but I was still pretty happy with it.


When I haven't been making cake pops, I've been super busy doing other things!

I've been playing with Coco a lot.

I also went shopping last week and bought my first professional pencil skirt. I am now ready to be a businesswoman - ha! Obviously I won't be wearing it with just a cami, but I couldn't pass up this skirt - it's made really nice and was marked down to $30 at Express. Score!

I have just really been loving Express lately, which is funny because I don't usually shop there and have only a handful of items from there. But I bought this tank a few months ago and just wore it for the first time the other day. I think it is now one of my favorite tops ever, and I expect to be wearing it a lot this summer. I just love the color and fit of this peplum tank!

I think I'm going to stop there and pick up another day soon with some more catching up. Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: