Friday, June 28, 2013

I'll Admit It.....

......I'm a little weird.

There are some things that I don't like or have never done that most people like or have done before. Alright, maybe it's a lot of things.

It doesn't bother me, but some people think it's weird! The kids I babysit used to make fun of me all the time for the things I didn't like or didn't know how to do. They thought it was so funny when I had no idea how to cut up a mango and had to watch a YouTube video on it - ha! Although, I thought that was pretty funny too :)

So here's just a few things that make me "unique".....

I admit that I don't like oranges. Or clementines. Or cuties. Or orange juice. Or orange sherbert. Basically, I don't like anything orange flavored. At all.

I admit that the smell of syrup makes me gag. I will eat syrup, but only a very small amount, and I HAVE to be able to brush my teeth directly afterwards because I hate the aftertaste too.

I admit that I have never seen the movies Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Sandlot, and a bunch more that I can't think of right now.

I admit that I haven't consistently watched a TV show in almost 2 years. In other words, the TV shows that air a new episode every week are the ones I never watch anymore. I used to have a list of TV shows - Amazing Race on Sunday, Grey's Anatomy on Thursday, etc. The last few years have been busy though, and I just haven't had the time to keep up with shows like that. I'm lucky if I can fit in a random TLC episode over the weekend. In fact, during the school year I very rarely watch TV shows during the week.

I admit that I have never seen an episode of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, nor do I know all of the words to the rap, although it seems like every other teenager I know does.

I admit that I have never tried, nor do I really have a desire to try, sushi.

I admit that I don't like pop because the carbon dioxide bubbles freak me out.

I admit that when I go to restaurants, I usually always get the same thing. I'm always afraid that if I try something new it might not be as good as my usual menu item, and then I'll just be disappointed that I didn't get my usual. I told you I was weird unique :)

I admit that I have never seen Pitch Perfect, which is another thing that I'm pretty sure every teenager has seen except for me.

I admit that I don't like bacon. SO gross.

I admit that the thought of living in a dorm has never crossed my mind and kind of weirds me out. I can't imagine voluntarily living with a stranger, paying mucho bucks for it, and being confined to such a small room. I'll take my free and spacious room to myself with home cooked meals any day, thankyouverymuch.

I admit that I don't like coconuts, onions, peppers, olives, pepperoni, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, green grapes (I love purple ones though!), raisins (unless they're covered in chocolate), Doritos, Lay's potato chips, chips & salsa, pickles, any kind of nuts, popcorn (except for Garrett's Caramel Crunch), or Cheetos. And my list could go on and on - ha!

I admit that I only eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. I personally don't think it's weird, but my friends laugh at and make fun of me for it all the time. I just don't like my fingers to get all greasy!

I admit that I would rather go to bed early and get up early than go to bed late and get up late, which is pretty much the complete opposite of every other teenager on this planet.

I admit that I am not a procrastinator. I never wait till the last minute to do anything, especially school work. I'm pretty sure the majority of people I've gone to school with are procrastinators though, so I guess that sets me apart.

I admit that I don't understand the pop culture phenomenon that is the Kardashians. I'm still just trying to figure out why they are even "famous" in the first place? (And seriously - North West? Come on!)

I admit that I only like to use Facebook to connect with friends and family. I am happy with my only 256 friends, and I also admit that a lot of those friends are hidden from my News Feed. I've never added someone I haven't at least heard of, but I still have a lot of friends that are people I don't know that well, so I'll hide them so I can just see the posts from my friends and family that I really want to see.

I admit that I actually read every single book that was assigned during high school, even the bad and boring ones.

I admit that I cried throughout pretty much all of my high school graduation. I thought I wouldn't be the only one, but whenever I looked around, I totally was. Oh well!


Anyone else out there have some weird quirky characteristics that seem different from everyone else?

No comments: