Saturday, June 8, 2013

Senior Trip {Part 1}

I was fortunate enough to be able to go on a senior trip with my friend Danielle this past week! We went to Savannah and Tybee Island and just had SO MUCH FUN! It was the perfect combination of city and beach time. I had been to Savannah 3 or 4 times prior to this trip, but I really got to explore different areas of the city this time. Who knew there were so many fun things to do in Savannah, as well as a ton of sweet treats places :)

So here's Part 1 of my Senior Trip recap......

We left Saturday night to head up to Dayton since that's where our flight was taking off early Sunday morning.

I was super excited to fly because it had been a few years since I had flown, and I kind of have a weird obsession with flying. It doesn't scare me at all, and I live for the thrill of taking off and being up above the clouds. If flying wasn't so expensive, I would want to fly all the time for vacations.

Danielle and I on flight #1!

On the way there we had a layover in Chicago, and I just about died when I saw they had a Garrett's popcorn shop in the airport. I of course had to pick up a small bag of the Caramel Crunch since that's my all time favorite!

No early morning flight is complete without a cup of Starbucks as well.

I mean, come on! How cool is it to be able to be so high up in the sky? Technology never ceases to amaze me.


When we got to Savannah, our first stop was the hotel. We stayed at the Four Points, which ended up being perfect. It was within walking distance to everything, was super nice, and was also a good price. I would for sure recommend it.

We then set out to do some exploring. I just love all of the squares throughout Savannah.

We were also on a mission to find Terra Cotta. If you've ever seen The Last Song, then you may recognize it since Miley Cyrus is shown walking into the shop in the movie.

We also strolled through the City Market which turned out to be one of my favorite areas in Savannah. It's a 2 block long area that's pedestrians only with tons of cute restaurants and shops. They also had live music every night, and it was just such a fun atmosphere.


The Savannah Candy Kitchen is just to die for. Look at how huge those cookies are!

Next it was time to stroll down River Street - another super fun area of Savannah.





We had lunch down on River Street at a place called One Eyed Lizzy's. Any cute little fresh seafood place is a winner in my book!




I love the cobblestone streets.





I think Savannah has so much charm and character.



We found this kind of creepy antique shop that was really fun to look around, although we weren't sure who would actually buy anything in there - ha!


Why isn't Cincinnati this cute?






We then found Leopold's ice cream and decided to stop in since I had read about it online. Oh my goodness, it was hands down some of the best ice cream I have ever had in my entire life. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it may have been even better than Graeter's (gasp!).

I got Chocolate Chocolate Chip. It was smooth and creamy. The chocolate was rich and velvety, and definitely the best chocolate ice cream I have had in my entire life. It was that good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! We got our ice cream to go and sat on a park bench in one of the nearby squares and ate it. Talk about a perfect moment!

We also stumbled upon a cute cake shop called Tier. It was closed the entire time we were there, but it just looked so cute that I had to take a picture of it. You know me, I'm a sucker for fancy cakes. The door said that they've been a Food Network Challenge, which I think is so neat!

We then finished off our first day with dinner at the Wild Wing Cafe which was in the City Market. It was a nice night and we could hear the band playing right outside. Have I mentioned how much I love the atmosphere in Savannah? :)

No comments: