Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Senior Trip {Part 3}

Today I'm finishing up my posts on my senior trip to Savannah and Tybee Island. It was such a great trip!

On Tuesday we got up to take the shuttle to Tybee Island. It's only about a 30 minute drive to Tybee, and we were looking forward to a day spent on the beach.

We couldn't believe how wide the beach was!

We had lunch at a little place called Fannie's that was right across the street from the beach.

After lunch we explored their pier and pavilion. Underneath the pier is where they shot the bonfire scene in The Last Song.

How cool is this panorama I took on the pier? (If you use your mouse, you can rotate the picture)

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing on the beach (and accidentally getting sunburns.......)

The beach and summer music - what could be better?

When we got back to Savannah we had dinner at this fabulous Italian restaurant called Anna's. Their shrimp fettuccine alfredo was some of the best I've had.

We finished our day at Leopold's. When we got it the first time, we agreed that we had to make another stop before heading home. I had all intentions of trying a different flavor, but when I got there I couldn't bear to not get the Chocolate Chocolate Chip again. What I wouldn't give to have another scoop of this right about now..... I would seriously consider planning another Savannah trip just as an excuse to order some more of this ice cream :)

On Wednesday we headed back to Tybee Island to do some exploring. We rented bikes and pretty much biked the entire island over the course of the day. It was really fun and a great way to see the island.

Our first stop was something you might recognize........

It's the house from The Last Song!

The beach behind the house

I would like to say that we just happened to stumble across the house, but in reality we did our research before we went and totally stalked the island looking for it.

Our next stop was the lighthouse, which was on the complete opposite side of Tybee. We got our exercise that day!

Then we just biked around the rest of the island and tried to take lots of pictures. All of the houses were so cute.

How cool is this house - it had a tree house and swing in the front yard!

I wouldn't mind eating breakfast here every morning.

We took a break and chilled in a little gazebo on the beach.

I took another fun panorama.

We then realized that we were close to The Last Song house again.

So we decided to sneak around the house some more. It was on the very tip of the island and pretty secluded, which I guess isn't surprising. Here's the house looking down the private drive.

We crept down the driveway to take another picture of the house. We had to turn around and leave pretty quickly though when I saw movement by the window and then someone was looking at us from the back door. Oops!

We biked around a bit more after our break/adventure :)

We stopped for drinks and an afternoon snack at A-J's Dockside Restaurant since we had some time to kill before giving the bikes back and we had seen most of the island.

We finished up our time on Tybee at the pavilion until our shuttle picked us back up.

We had dinner reservations that night at The Lady & Sons. We had been looking forward to it all week, and it was SO good!

Her store cracks me up - they pretty much put her face on everything and anything in there. They even had butter flavored lip balm.......gross!

This cardboard cutout was so funny. We got a kick out of the people loving to take their pictures with it. We didn't bother since we had already gotten our picture taken with Miss Paula Deen herself :)

Danielle and I both got the Southern Buffet, which was amazing. The food looks a little weird because of the lighting and flash on my iPhone - I promise it was much more appetizing than it appears. It was a good thing we biked all over Tybee though since the food is nothing but Southern comfort food.

No trip to The Lady & Sons is complete without a piece of Gooey Butter Cake!

I took a few pictures of our hotel when we got back that evening. We really enjoyed staying there.

In the morning it was time for us to head back home. But first we went out to breakfast at Goose Feathers. When we went to lunch there earlier in the week we were dying to try their breakfast food as well, and with traveling all day, we decided it would be a good idea to eat a big breakfast. I got a Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. If there was a Goose Feathers by me, I would go for breakfast and lunch all the time!

And it was a good thing we did eat a big breakfast because my lunch consisted of an Auntie Anne's pretzel and some poptarts in the Newark airport - ha!

We flew back into Dayton and my parents picked us up. And since we just happened to be so close, we had to make a stop at Rita's! Danielle had never been before, so it would have practically been a sin to not introduce her to the amazingness (just pretend it's a word) of Rita's.

Overall, I had a such a fun time on our trip. I couldn't have asked for a better travel partner as Danielle and I were on the exact same page with what we wanted to do each day. I made lots of great memories that I'll never forget, and I couldn't have been more blessed to get to go somewhere on a senior trip in the first place, let alone do it with such a great friend!

No comments: