Sunday, June 30, 2013

Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadow

Normally I like to wait until I have a few new makeup products and then write about them in one post, but this product is so good, it deserves its own post.

I just couldn't wait to tell you about it, since it might be one of the most fun makeup products I've ever bought.


The worker at Sephora told me that Urban Decay used to sell the Moondust Eyeshadows but took them off the market several years ago. They just recently re-released them though after they improved the eyeshadows.

The eyeshadows come in 7 different shades, including a silver, dark brown, purple, light brown, pink, dark green, and light green. I got the light brown shade called Space Cowboy.

What sets this eyeshadow line apart is the glitter. They are the most glittery eyeshadows I have ever seen. However, they are super gorgeous and wearable.

They pack on a lot of glitter, but it isn't chunky glitter. The glitter is super fine, which is different from most of the glitter eyeshadows I've seen. A major plus to the fine glitter is that you don't get a lot of fall out. I wore it for the first time last week, and when I took it off at night (about 12 hours after I had applied it), I had very little glitter under my eyes, and my eyelids looked the same as they did when I put my makeup on in the morning.

If you're looking for something fun to add to your makeup collection, I would definitely recommend checking out the Moondust Eyeshadows. I don't see myself wearing it every day, but it's just such a fun product. You also need such a small amount, that I could see this product lasting for years, making it worth the slightly more expensive price.

Here's a couple of tips I have for applying the Moondust Eyeshadow.....

1. At least with the Space Cowboy (since it doesn't really have any pigmented color), apply your eyeshadow as you usually would, and then apply the Moondust Eyeshadow on top.

2. Use your finger, not a brush, to apply it. The lady at Sephora told me the brush tends to just flick glitter everywhere and that your finger actually does a better job.

3. Use an eyeshadow primer (I personally like the Urban Decay Primer Potion) before you apply your eyeshadow to help keep the glitter in place.

4. Apply your eyeshadow before your foundation and under-eye concealer. That way, if you do have a little bit of fall out initially, you can cover it up easily.

5. You need such a small amount (a little goes a long way) that all you have to do is touch the eyeshadow with your finger, and you get plenty!


I'm super excited about this new product, and I can't wait to keep using it. If you're into makeup and like trying out new things, I think this eyeshadow collection is definitely a winner!

No comments: