Thursday, June 28, 2012

Perfection

I had the absolute perfect day today, and I wanted to post about it before I went to bed :)

My Mom and I went up to Easton today. We usually go at least once a year (here's last year's post on it!), and we love to go in the summer. It's just the neatest outdoor shopping place ever. I wish we had one in Cincinnati because I would basically live there - ha!

We got there around 11:30 and went straight to get something to eat. We decided on Five Guys, but as we were walking around later we found a bunch of cute new restaurants that we wished we would have tried. There's always next year though.....

I love the atmosphere and stores they have! They do have some really upscale shops like Burberry, but they have a lot of fun and less expensive stores too. Pretty much something for everyone!

My mom and I had a successful trip too. We found a bunch of good things, especially some new makeup! Now I think I've got my Mom obsessed with trying new makeup too :)

The thing I was most excited about getting though was the book, Cupcake Diaries. It's written by Katherine and Sophie - the owners of Georgetown Cupcake. It's got recipes too, so I'm planning on trying out the Red Velvet recipe for a 4th of July party!


No shopping trip is complete without Yagoot!

I have a bit of a sweet tooth problem if you haven't noticed..... I had to pick up a Rich Mint Brownie from Sugardaddy's too. I ate it on the way home, and it was delicious!

As I was walking by Cheryl's cookies, they were giving out free samples of their sugar cookie with buttercream icing. As soon as I tried it, I knew I had to get a whole cookie, so that's just what I did. I'm saving it for tomorrow though :)

We picked up Dewey's pizza on the way home, and after dinner my family went over our friends's house to swim.

I love this shot of the tiki hut and pool!

It was so fun relaxing in the pool and playing with the kids!

Today was just one of those perfect days, where you sit back and realize just how lucky you are. I love days like that!

No comments: