Sunday, August 26, 2012

Busy Busy

This has been the busiest weekend I have had in a long time! And even though I'm really tired now, it was totally worth it and so much fun!

On Friday night I went to the Elder football game. I'm actually not a huge fan of going to football games, and I don't normally go to many. But I decided to go anyway because all of my friends were going. I'm so glad I went too! I didn't watch much football, but it was fun to just sit and chat with my friends. We went to Skyline afterwards, and it was just a really fun night.

Saturday morning I got up and went out to celebrate my friend Danielle's birthday! Her birthday was actually on Wednesday, but my friend Erin and I thought it would be fun to go out and celebrate over the weekend. We went out to Kenwood and ate at the Cheesecake Factory! I hadn't eaten there in years, so I was really excited!

And although the pizza we got was really good, the cheesecake was my favorite part! I had the toughest time deciding what kind I wanted to get, but I ended up just going with my old favorite - Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake!

We shopped around afterwards for a little while too. I hadn't been out to the mall in awhile either :)

I had to drop my friend off at her boyfriend's house afterwards since it's close to the mall, and it was in an area I had never been to before. As I was trying to get back to the highway, I made a wrong turn and ended up somewhere Danielle and I had never seen before! I pulled over in a strip mall to look up directions on my phone, when we saw this store....

Aglamesis! It's an ice cream shop that both Danielle and I had heard of, but had never been to before. Although we had already had a ton of cheesecake, we stopped in anyway to try some of their ice cream. We just felt like we couldn't pass it up - ha!

The inside of the shop was SO cute. It was a little weird though - you sat at a table and ordered off of a menu, and then a waitress brought your ice cream to the table. I've just never seen that at an ice cream shop before.

For some reason it took them forever to bring us our ice cream, so what turned into a quick stop probably took us about half an hour....

The ice cream was pretty good though. The shop is kind of rivals with Graeter's, which is still a lot better in my opinion. I'm glad we stopped in though.

I got Strawberry Chocolate Chip, and I loved the old fashioned bowls they served it in!

Then that night I went over my cousin's house for a bonfire. I had thought about not going because I was really tired, but again, I'm really glad I went! I feel like I don't get to see my extended family as much during the school year, so I'm happy I got to see some of them last night.

Today has finally been a pretty relaxing day! I've watched a little TV, worked on some homework, and visited my grandparents. Pretty much a typical Sunday!

I hope you have a great week! Having to go to school for 5 days straight is going to take some getting used to for me!

No comments: