Sunday, August 5, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

It's after midnight on Saturday night (I guess it's Sunday now!), and I'm just now getting around to writing this post, but I know that if I don't write it now, it's not going to get done for a few days :) And I wanted to write about my last few days because they've been so fun!

Friday was just a fun summer day! My mom and I met my dad for lunch downtown. We try to do this every summer, and we always eat at the same restaurant, First Watch. I always get the same thing there too, but this time I tried their french toast topped with fruit, and now I think that's my new favorite!

After lunch my mom and I walked around Macy's a little bit, and then went to visit my cousin and see her new apartment downtown! We walked awhile to get to her place, so when we walked back we rewarded ourselves with cupcakes from Abby Girl Sweets. I tried their Cookies & Creme cupcake, which was delicious!

We went home for a little bit, and then on a whim we decided to go to the Reds game that night. So we headed back downtown to see the game. I'm SO glad we decided to go too! It was such a fun game.

We ran into a bunch of people we knew too - my cousins were there, my friend was there, and my parents' friend was sitting one section over from us. We were laughing because there were over 40,000 people there,  and we ended up seeing so many people we know!


The game was fun because I got cotton candy (my fav!), the Reds won, Marty Brennaman (the announcer for the Reds) shaved his head, and they set of a fireworks display at the end. Such a fun game to see live!



Yesterday (Saturday) I didn't have a lot of stuff going on, but I just had a lot of things I wanted to get done. Mainly, that involved making cake pops for my cousin's bridal shower today. I'm so excited for it, and I loved the way my brides and grooms turned out. I love weddings and cake pops, so it was the best of both worlds!

I picked up Chick-fil-A for dinner, and I finally got around to trying one of their Chocolate Chunk Cookies. SO delicious! They give them to you warm, and they have huge chunks of chocolate. I think they might be my new favorite treat!

Last night I also babysat the kids I normally watch during the school year. It was so weird to be watching them and not have to come home and read APUSH and study Chemistry :) I'm sitting here relaxing with my laptop and praising the Lord that those classes are over! It was also weird because I had seen them almost everyday during the school year, but I hadn't seen them in over 2 months since school's been out. So, it was nice to see them again - they haven't changed a bit! I'm still so grateful to have such nice people to babysit for - it works out so great!

And with that, I'm heading to bed since I have to get up and get ready to go to my cousin's shower! Have a fantastic Sunday!

No comments: