Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The First of Many Lasts

Today marks the first day of many "lasts". It's my last first day of high school. I can't believe how quickly it has gone by! It seems like just yesterday that I was stepping into those halls for the first time, and now I'm almost done with it.

I'm nervous for this year. Not so much academically though. Last year was a tough year, and I know that I can get through anything academic-wise this year. What I'm really nervous about is being finished with high school. People always tell me that college is the best 4 years of your life, and I totally hope that's true, but I'm afraid of what I'm going to leave behind.

I don't want to leave the friends I've made over the past 4 years. I don't like the idea of officially being an adult. It's just a scary thought to me!

And on this last first day of school, I can't help but think about all the other "lasts" I'm going to encounter this year at Seton......

The last green week.

The last Christmas break.

The last high school exams (actually looking forward to this one though!).

The last chance drive.

The last prom.

The last AP exams (again, not too sad about this one!).

The last Spirit Day.

The last all school mass.

The last cookies in the cafeteria - ha!

The last class with all of my friends.

The last time walking through the hallways as an official Seton student.

This list of lasts makes me sad. And I already know I'm going to be a mess when the last 2 items on that list happen. This year is going to bring SO many changes.

But there's 2 things I'm really looking forward to....

1. Making so many memories with my friends during all of these "last" moments. Memories that will hopefully last a lifetime!

2. All of these lasts can only mean one thing.......

a whole bunch of new firsts.

No comments: