Monday, August 13, 2012

Just Keeping It Real

Today I'm sharing the nice and the not so nice parts of my last few days. It's good to keep it real every once in awhile, right? ;)

Let's start off with the highs of the last few days.....

Last night I went to Buca di Beppo, which is a delicious Italian restaurant. It's so yummy, and I hadn't been in years. Riveting stuff, I know..... Ha!

I went to a festival last night with my family too. We met up with some of my parents' friends, which is always fun!

I also finished my reading Great Expectations last night, which means I've finally finished reading all of my summer reading books! Now I just have to finish the projects and I'll be totally finished :)

Today I went to the zoo and met my cousins. We always do that during the summer, so we wanted to fit in another zoo trip before school starts back up. Our zoo has a new cat exhibit where you can get SO close to the cats and tigers. It was really neat.


I have never been this close to a tiger in my entire life. And I just took this picture with my iPhone!



Now just to keep it real, here's some of the lows from the last few days.....

I feel like I always post pictures of my cake pops that turn out great. For example, I just finished a batch of cake pops for a friend of mine who was hosting a birthday party for her friend. These are the pictures I took of them....



Now, granted the designs for these were easy, so I didn't mess any of them up. But that's my point - I always post the pictures of the pops that turn out cute. Sometimes I experiment and it turns out to be a total disaster. So, I thought I'd share one of my disaster experiments - ha!

This wasn't even the worst one either. I tried to make a fondant mouth and sprinkle eyes on the first one, and it turned out SO bad, that I tore off the mouth, and then it was pretty much ruined, so I didn't want to take a picture of that one. This one is a slight improvement, but I think it looks nothing like Ariel, which is what I was going for. I think the body on the stick is a good idea, and the red hair is alright, but it looks like she has a receding hairline, and her face doesn't look like Ariel - it just looks like a face.

But oh well - now I just have a bit of a challenge to come up with something better. I just thought I'd show you that life isn't always perfect. I think it's easy with a blog to try to just show the exciting things in our lives, and not so much the failure parts :)

And another crazy story to end this post off.....

As I was getting out of my car tonight, the handle on my door broke. Totally and completely cracked in half. Now I can no longer get the door open from the inside! I either have to climb over to the passenger seat side, or roll down my window and open the door using the outside handle. :/ Talk about looking like a hillbilly!

My dad wants to see if he can fix it himself to save some $$$, so it might be like this for a week or so. It's annoying, but kind of funny. I guess it could be a lot worse though!

Hope you all have had a great weekend! I'm savoring this last full week of summer before school starts next week!

No comments: