Friday, September 21, 2012

A Cake Pop Post

So I realize that I blog a lot about cake pops since I absolutely love them, but I don't think I've ever done a post on why I love making them.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I made cake pops this week. A batch of cake pops makes about 50 cake pops.  And one of my friends paid me to make her 2 dozen cake pops, so I had some leftovers that I decided to go ahead and make for some of my friends. So I brought them into my Calculus class yesterday morning.

My Calculus class consists of about half girls from my school, and the other half are boys from the all-boys school next door. So all the girls had tried my cake pops before, but none of the boys had even heard about cake pops.

Now, I love bring cake pops in to people who've already had them before since they get really excited about it, but I especially love seeing people try them for the first time. Everyone ended up loving them like always. One of my friends told me that one of the boys said they were perfect because they're just the right amount of sweetness - they satisfy your need for something sweet, but they're not a huge indulgence. I thought that was the perfect way of describing them!

Another thing I like about cake pops? The fact that people don't see them or know about them a whole lot. I mean, if I made cupcakes all the time, they wouldn't be as neat because people eat cupcakes all the time. But cake pops? You can't find those just anywhere :)

I really honestly enjoy the baking and decorating aspect of cake pops. Most of the time when I make them, I crank up some good music, and I'll spend hours working on them and it doesn't even feel like any time has passed because I've been so into it. But something I like even better than decorating them? Seeing people get excited about them.

Another one of the my friends that she was having a bad morning, but when she saw that I had brought in cake pops, it made her day. That's what I love about cake pops so much - the fact that they can positively impact someone's day even if it's just a little bit.

I took a few cake pops to the kids I babysit, and they told me that I "make the best cake pops in the world". Even though my cake pops are the only ones they've ever tried, that totally made my day.

Last night I made the cake pops for my friend. She had asked me to make Sloth cake pops from the Goonies. I was a little apprehensive about it at first, but I found a picture of Sloth cake pops online, and I came up with my own way of doing it. I was so proud of how they turned out!


My friend loved them too :)

So that's what I think I love so much about baking - the fact that something I bake can put a smile on someone else's face and maybe even brighten their day. No matter what my future holds - whether I ever open a bakery or not - I know that I for sure want to bake the rest of my life!

No comments: