Friday, September 7, 2012

Blogging Thoughts

The other day I got to thinking about blogging and why I love to do it. I figured I'd just dedicate a whole post on why I even write blog posts to begin with.....

I started writing this blog almost 3 years ago in January 2010. I seriously can't believe it's been that long! I started it as a 365 blog with the goal of writing a post everyday. I quickly learned that was just too much, and all of my early posts are so boring because I had no idea what I was doing. I actually stopped blogging in April of 2010, but then I picked it back up towards the end of July because I really liked the idea of blogging. And I still really like it because I haven't stopped.

So, why do I get on here and post every few days? Even though it's almost been 3 years, I'm not tired of it at all. I simply write it for myself. I love having posts on what I've been up to so I can look back on it later and read about so many memories I would have otherwise forgotten. I also like writing about baking, makeup, fashion, or other things like that because I just have so much fun writing about that kind of stuff since I have a big interest in that in real life.

Which also brings me to another point..... I write this blog 100% for myself. If I knew that no one read my blog, I would still write it. In fact, no one did know that I had a blog for a long time, and I actually had my blog completely private so that no one could find it when I first started off. So when I write a post, I don't think about whether so-and-so is going to like reading this post or whatever. I write what I want to write which is why I think I like to do it so much.

But going along with that, it's weird because I have NO idea who does read this blog. A few people have told me that they read it, and I guess it seems kind of weird to me to think that people find this little blog about me so interesting. It's kind of neat though too! I always get the biggest kick out of seeing someone else's computer screen and seeing that they have my blog up.

About a week ago in my English class, my teacher asked us if anyone read any blogs. A few people raised their hands, and he asked some them what kind of blogs they read. One of my friends mentioned that she reads mine. It was funny because it started a whole conversation about me blogging. It was just weird hearing people say that they like to read this blog, but it was encouraging too! I'm not writing this stuff to get a ton of readers, but if someone checks my blog and it makes them laugh or gives them a little encouragement, then I feel like I am at least doing something right. Someone (I don't remember who it was!) said that they think I'm funny on here. I was surprised by that comment because I'm not trying to be comical, but I guess if you think I'm funny that's great :)

So basically, I just absolutely love blogging. I like coming up with fun new posts, and even just writing about what's going on in my life. It's definitely something I don't see myself stopping anytime soon! To me the only downfall is not knowing who all reads this, but really that's just because I'm super curious - ha!

If you've been reading for awhile, or even if you just found my blog, I'd love for you stick around and comment on posts that you relate to or really like! People tell me that they read my blog, but I feel like it's so one-sided. I write a post, you read it, and that's it. I'd love for this to be more interactive, but like I said, at the end of the day I'm still just writing for myself!

I'm coming up on 500 posts soon, which is crazy! I think I might just have to do something fun to celebrate :) I also have a bunch of new posts coming up that are kind of fun. I thought ahead and wrote a bunch of new posts over the summer so that when I'm too busy to blog because of homework, I still have a new post to publish. There are a few of them that I really like!

I know I've said this before, but if you don't have a blog, I'd really recommend it! I think it's so fun to write, and it's a great journal to be able to look back on. If you have a blog, comment and let me know so I can read yours!

I like how every blog that I read is different - both in looks and content. No two blogs are exactly the same because no two people are exactly the same. (Side note: I'm thinking about getting a new design for my blog. I did all of the decorating myself awhile ago, but I feel like it could use an update. If you have any suggestions on a cute design, let me know!)

So this post might just be a super rambling one, but I figured it might be good to explain why I like to write this blog so much.

And thank you SO much for reading my blog. I'm so grateful that you enjoy the stuff I write, and I hope I can make you smile or think every once in awhile!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: