Wednesday, September 12, 2012

In Sickness and In......Sickness

I have been MIA the last few days because I have been sick. No fun!

I've been having allergies the last few weeks, so when I woke up on Monday feeling a little "off" I didn't think it was a big deal. Well, I got progressively worse as the day went on, and I ended up going to bed at 8:30. That hasn't happened in a long time! I really thought I'd be able to sleep it off, but I unfortunately did not.

I woke up the next morning (Tuesday) feeling even worse. I really tried to get myself moving - I actually ate breakfast, and got dressed for school, but then I decided to lay down for a few minutes, and that sealed the deal. I hate missing school (especially since I had a test and quiz), but I figured it would be best if I just took it easy.

So, I pretty much just slept the entire day. Thankfully I started feeling a little bit better in the afternoon so I could tackle my homework (which wasn't as much as I was expecting thank goodness!).

Now, the entire day I felt pretty lousy, but I still learned a great lesson from the whole thing. I woke up to a nice text from a friend of mine asking why I wasn't at school and saying that she was worried about me (it's not like me to miss school or be sick too often!). I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful!

Then in the afternoon when I was starting to work on my homework, I saw that I had 2 emails in my inbox - one from one of my teachers telling me she hoped I was doing better offering to let me take the test I had missed in class today (Wednesday). That ended up being a lifesaver because I was a little worried about figuring out a time to take it since I babysit after school. Then I also had an email from another one of my friends saying that she hoped I was doing better because school was boring without me there. :)

Those simple emails and texts seriously made my day a whole lot better. Sometimes it just takes something as simple as a little sickness to give you some perspective on just how great you have it!

So moral of the story? Something good can always come out of something not so good!

I will restore health to you, and heal you of your wounds.
~ Jeremiah 30: 17

No comments: