Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Just Wanna Celebrate

This weekend has pretty much been a busy one filled with parties and celebrations! So fun!

On Friday night I went over my aunt and uncle's house for my grandma's birthday. It's always fun to get together with my dad's side of the family. My cousin Hannah was cracking me up because she kept dangling a bag over the railing and trying to see if anyone would notice :)

On Saturday I got up and worked on homework in the morning/afternoon. I also did a lot of college stuff, and I submitted one of my applications - I still can't believe I'm old enough to be doing that! I'm definitely happy I'm doing it now though and not waiting until the last minute.

Then that night I went to my first ever bachelorette party! I felt old and young at the same time - I felt old being invited, but young since I couldn't go to the bars - ha!

The party was for my cousin Erin who's getting married in less than a month! I am literally SO excited for her wedding. They had a scavenger hunt in the beginning where we had to go around and take pictures of different things. It was cute because all of the things we had to do were somehow related to my cousin and her fiance. Some things we had to find included a paint strip from Home Depot (they're always doing home projects), one of their alma maters, reciting the Girl Scout or Boy Scout pledge since they both did scouts, dancing down an aisle, and finding an old couple to prove love lasts.

My personal favorite was the old couple. We had the hardest time finding any older couples at Home Depot or Target. So we stopped at Outback, and my aunt and I ran in together. We ended up finding an older couple, and we just went up to their table and asked if we could take their picture for a scavenger hunt. When we explained it to them, I don't think they understood, but they let us take their picture anyway, and they told us they had been married for 55 years. They were so cute and precious!

My aunt took all of the pictures, but I did get the video of reciting the Girl Scout Honor on my phone - ha!

Overall, the bachelorette party was SO much fun even though I couldn't go to the bars afterwards! Our team ended up winning the scavenger hunt too.

Today I went to the mall with my friend Rachel. She has her Senior pictures on Wednesday so she needed an outfit for that, and you know me - I'm always up for shopping! It was a fun and successful trip considering we got Yagoot....

....and I got a new pair of boots that were originally $70, but after coupons and discounts, I got for $35!

Then today is also my parents' anniversary. As of today they've been married 23 years! My mom posted some pictures from their wedding on Facebook today, so I thought I'd post a few of them here too!


I thought this was funny - one of my cousins made a comment on this post about how the baby in this picture is my cousin Erin who is getting married in less than a month. So weird how things change so much! I thought that was kind of neat though.

Since it was their anniversary, we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Pompilio's. I had never been there before, but since I love Italian food, I thought it was great!

Then tonight my mom and I went over my Aunt Joan's house because she was having a going away party for her niece on the other side of her family. It seems kind of funny, but we know Stephanie really well because she's really close to my aunt and cousins, and so are we. She's moving to Nashville in a few weeks, so we wanted to say goodbye to her!


And that's been my weekend - pretty much non-stop partying!

No comments: