Monday, September 17, 2012

Makeup Monday {Ulta Haul}

About a month ago I went to Ulta with a list of a few things I wanted to get. I ended up getting a free gift too with a bunch of Ulta brand products. I love everything I ended up buying myself, and then I really like some of the free stuff I got, but there are a few things I wouldn't recommend!

Here's what I went there for.....

I have a bunch of different makeup brushes, and I have been very bad about cleaning them. Oops! I bought this cleaner, and I love it! It definitely cleans the brushes up nice. I bought a small travel bottle that was $3.50 instead of the large one, and I think that is the way to go! The small bottle would last forever since you only use a little bit on each brush.

I also bought a small brush for a new concealer I got recently. I ended up getting the Ulta Professional Eye Smudger brush. Even though the brush is technically meant for your eyes, I like using it for my concealer!

I've used a Clean & Clear eye makeup remover for years, but when it recently ran out I thought I'd try something different. This is pretty much the exact same thing!

I'd heard great things about this under eye concealer, and I absolutely love it too! It definitely covers up under eye circles :) I would highly recommend it.

Then I also got a few Ulta brand products for free, like I mentioned. I'd never tried out any of the Ulta brand cosmetics, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked some of the products! The only things I wasn't too crazy about were the brushes, eyeshadow quads, and lipstick. Ulta has 2 different lines of brushes - a normal one and a "professional" one. The brush I got for my concealer was off the professional line, but the ones I got for free weren't. I just felt like they were a little too cheap! The eyeshadows and the lipstick seemed cheap to me too, so I'm not sure I would recommend those items.

I did however really like a few of the products....

I was surprised at how much I love this lipgloss! It's exactly what the name says - super shiny! It goes on super smooth without it being overly sticky. I have it in the Illusion shade, but I'd love to try some other shades as well!

I got a dual ended eyeliner with the colors Deep Brown and Black. I don't think they actually sell a dual sided one, but you can buy the 2 colors separate. I definitely like the eyeliner though, and I usually alternate between this one and a Bare Minerals eyeliner that I have.

Ulta Legendary Lengths Mascara
Again, I was surprised at how much I liked this mascara. It still doesn't beat my Benefit They're Real! Mascara, but I still really like it. The Benefit mascara makes your lashes super long, but sometimes it's nice to have another mascara that's more in between really long and normal!

And those are just a few more of the beauty products I've been using recently! I absolutely love Ulta in general because they have everything from high end brands, to drugstore brand makeup, to nail polish and accessories, and even hair products! If you've never been - check it out! Sign up for their rewards program too, because they sometimes send you coupons in the mail :)

No comments: