Thursday, September 20, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

This whole week has been pretty great, but yesterday was especially awesome! Nothing overly big and exciting happened, but it was just a bunch of little things that when pieced together just made for a fabulous day. Sometimes I need to be reminded that it's the simple things in life that can really make a difference, so here's my happy simple things from yesterday......

I got to sleep in an extra 30 minutes, which doesn't happen very often.

My Calculus quiz that was supposed to be on Friday got pushed back to Monday!

I watched a movie in 2 of my classes, and overall just had a pretty easy day school-wise. Some girls are on a retreat right now (which I already went on), so our teachers aren't doing a whole lot since so many people are missing the rest of this week!

I had Subway for lunch - a rare treat for lunch at school!

I had about 30 minutes of homework - a record low.

I didn't have to babysit, which makes that 2 days in a row! Don't get me wrong, I like babysitting but sometimes it's nice to have a break every once in awhile.

I made cake pops for my friends/Calculus class. I haven't made any for school in a long time, so I figured it was time! This was my first time trying out the smiley face ones, and I think they might be one of my new favorites.




My mom received news yesterday that she got a job she really wanted. It's actually the exact kind of job she's been trying to find for years. I'm so glad she got it! A few days ago, she told me that if she got the job we could save up the money and go on an Alaskan cruise in 2 years. So it looks like I might be going to Alaska! My dad will turn 50 that year, and it will be my parents' 25th anniversary. Alaska is pretty much my dad's version of my Paris - he's always wanted to go to Alaska, so I'm pretty excited that it might actually happen now!

And last but not least, I got to watch Ghost last night with my mom. I've never seen that movie before, and so far I'm loving it! We didn't have time to finish it, so that's on my list of things to do tonight!

Overall, it was just a great day! I love days like that :)

No comments: