Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happiness

This weekend was nothing overly crazy and exciting, but it was just a good weekend. As I'm sitting here typing this post, I can't help but smile about how blessed I am. It's just one of those days when everything is right in the world, and I'm just a happy person!

On Friday I went to watch my cousin's soccer game. She just started kindergarten (which I can't believe - I can still remember when she was born!), so this was her first "real" game.


Then my mom and I finally watched The Hunger Games. I think I'm practically the only teenage girl out there who hadn't seen it yet!

On Saturday I got up and worked on a lot of homework. I was proud of myself though - I got a lot done including an entire art project and a college essay! Which, me being me, for the college essay I wrote about baking and cake pops - ha! They said to be sure that the essay reflects you, and what better thing to reflect me than baking!

Saturday night we had a birthday party to go to. My parents's friends's daughter was turning one. I babysit her every once in a while, and she is just the cutest and sweetest little girl! I still can't believe she's already a year old.


The theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I loved the cupcake cake they had!

Lorelei loved it too! She totally demolished her piece :)


They had my favorite cookies as favors too! Each cookie was something different from the book that the caterpillar ate. So clever and creative!

Today has just been a normal Sunday - finishing up homework and going to church. This afternoon I did meet one of my friends at Starbucks, and we walked around Target. I saw that their cardigans were on sale this week, and since I love their cardigans, I've been watching for weeks to see when they would go on sale. Since this was the week, I went and snatched 2 of them up!

We also went to try and figure out what we wanted to do for the Garage Get Down. Every year my school has a themed dance in our parking garage, and each grade level has a different theme they have to dress up as. Our theme this year is dynamic duos, but we were at a loss of what to go as! We finally decided on Lilo & Stitch - I'm so excited! I think it's going to be really cute.

Tonight my family met some friends at Outback for dinner. It was fun, and I had a delicious meal! They have a new 4 course meal for $15, so that's what I got. I tried some things I'd never had before, and I'm so glad I did. It even came with a little slice of cheesecake for dessert. Yum!

Now I'm off to take a shower, relax a little bit, and watch some TV before another week starts. I'll be going to bed tonight thankful for another fun weekend.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: