Friday, May 20, 2011

Spirit Day

I haven't blogged a whole lot this week because I've been so busy. Yesterday I was going non-stop. After school, I went to Party City, then out to dinner, then I made cake balls for my dad's birthday, and then I went over a friend's house!

I slept over my friend Nicci's house last night, and we all had a lot of fun! Almost all of my friends were there. It was a school night, but today was just a spirit day at school.

[Ashley, Abby, Nicci, and Rachel]

[My homeroom]

Some of my friends are super crazy, so I was nervous about falling asleep. Out of all of my friends, I'm the easiest target, so I get picked on a lot :)

I do have to tell you a funny story about last night/this morning. I woke up this morning and was talking about this crazy dream I had. In the dream, my friends tied my legs up. I just remember being so annoyed and ripping off the ribbon and throwing it across the room! Well, it turns out, it wasn't a dream - that really happened!

Today we got up real early to get ready and head off to school. This was my first time driving to school and it was so weird.

This spirit day was called "Sigma Eta Sigma" day. Every grade has a different color (we were blue), and they go all out wearing anything and everything in their color. The day started off with a pep rally, and then we had a series of games that we rotated around to. We all got a free pizza lunch and slushies too! The afternoon finished up with an assembly where we received a spirit award from the Archdiocese and a game show played by the students and teachers.

[Nicci and I with our wands......]

[.......and with our mustaches]

[Rachel and I]

[Tina and Rachel]

[Melanie]

We even got dismissed from school early - 1:40 instead of our usual 2:30 time! I stopped with some of my friends to get some creamy whip after school.

Wow. Talk about a busy couple of days! I ended up coming home and crashing. I'm pretty sure taking a nap has never felt so good.