Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

What a great 3 day weekend! It's not too much longer until I have a 24/7 weekend!

My weekend started off at my friend's birthday party.

Then all of my friends headed up to our parish's festival. I love going to our festival because I always run into people I haven't seen in a long time!


On Saturday morning, my dad and I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity. I'm such a girly-girl, but I do love going to this even though building things isn't my strong suit :)

I went out to lunch with my family, and then came back home and worked on homework. My mom and I stopped over my aunt's house to play with my cousins and eat some dinner. I had so much fun dancing around to some Shania Twain with them!
My mom and I went to Graeter's afterwards, and it was so yummy!

My Sunday was another busy day. I went down to the park and met up with my dad's side of the family, since some of them were in from out of town. I had to leave a little early though to study for exams :/

Later that night I went over my friend Nicci's house. We made Apple Salad, and painted our nails. Nicci found a really neat tutorial for "Sprinkle Nails." As the name implies, you put sprinkles on your nails. We tested it out, and it did turn out looking really cool.

After I painted a base coat, I had to take a picture of it, because I thought the color was gorgeous! I think I'm going to be on the lookout for a good light purple OPI color.

Then you put a clear top coat on, and put on the sprinkles!





They turned out looking sweet, but the sprinkles came off really easy, and it was hard to do a lot with them because they made your nails super thick. I ended up taking them off today. And I was disappointed to find out that the dye from the sprinkles had dyed my nails! I now have (mainly pink) colored splotches all over my nails that I can't get off. So my advice? Don't try the sprinkle nails.

Today was a studying day :/ My parents went to a Memorial Day party this afternoon, but I had too much to do, so I had to skip it. While I wasn't studying, here's what I was up to........

[I think she's ready for school.]


And I found out today that I won a blog giveaway over at A Step Into My Life!
via

I won a Lillypie giveaway, and I'm so excited about it! The Lillypie Etsy shop is adorable!

I've got to finish up studying, and then I'm off to see the Red's game tonight! Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your memorial Day weekend was fun! Half of mine was. I got to spend it with my boyfriend.

But I decided that on Monday I'm cracking down on math. Mom said I need to finish math in order to graduate.

So I only have about 44 more days of math left to finish. And I'm planning on graduating at the end of June. So I'm triplying my math on weekdays, doubling my math on weekends (yes I'll be suffering during the weekends in order to graduate), and my youth group is going to a conference so if I can go, I'll be quadrupling it. But hopefully I can go and hopefully I'll be done with my math by then.

-Alli

Baltimort said...

Hey, let me know how your Etsy orders work out! I've had my eye on some things, but I've never ordered from it and I was wondering how good shipping/packaging/everything is.