Sunday, May 15, 2011

Too Busy To Blog.....Well, Almost

I've been SO busy this weekend. It's been so crazy, but fun. I almost didn't think I was going to have time to blog tonight, but I found the time! Here's why I was MIA the last few days:

Friday
On Friday, my friend and I went out to Hobby Lobby. Then we met up with some more of my friends for dinner at Skyline. Afterwards, we got ice cream and went back to my friend Katie's house.

She has a dartboard in her basement. And blackmail pictures of me. And a mean sense of humor - ha!

We all ended up spending the night at my friend Erin's house. It was so weird driving all around on Friday!

Saturday
When we woke up Saturday morning, we decided to hit McDonald's for breakfast. That's what I like about driving - being able to just stop somewhere for the fun of it!

In the afternoon, my mom and I met up with my family at a carnival. I had a lot of fun with my little cousins. They also did a balloon launch that was really neat!

I got into baking on Saturday afternoon! I baked some sugar cookies. This is a picture of me in my apron because my friend Abby wanted to see it :)

While I was baking the cookies, we got a call saying we had won a basket from the carnival! My mom and I were so excited!

The basket came with a whole lot of stuff! The best thing was a $75 gift certificate to a spa! My mom and I planning on getting manicures some time soon. The basket also came with lotions, chocolates, popcorn, a book, and some bath and body works stuff!


Then I headed out to the mall with 2 of my friends. I had a lot of money from my birthday, but I didn't find anything! It always seems that I find a ton when I don't have money to spend - ha! While I was out there, I met up with my cousins. I love this picture we took!

Sunday
After church today, I finished up the cookies I had baked yesterday. I made some icing and decorated them. They're no where close to a professional, but I think they're pretty cute for my first attempt!

And tonight was my family birthday part with my dad's side of the family. I have a combined party with my cousin whose birthday was on Thursday. Look at the super cute cake they got!

I was playing with my cousin (whose 7) and she was showing me her Pillow Pets. She was telling me how she has a teeny-tiny pillow pet and we looked all over for it. We finally found it, and I just had to take a picture of it because it was so stinkin' adorable.

And.....guess what I got for my birthday?
(To my friends Abby, Rachel, and Mel: now I know how to make them the right way!)

I am so obsessed with cake pops and all of them are so adorable!

Hoping everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love getting mentioned in your blog:)

btw...when you were talking about how we stopped at McDonald's and you said "That's what I like about blogging," did you mean driving? hahahahahha

Allison said...

Rachel - I didn't even realize I did that! I fixed it now though :)

Anonymous said...

Alice! Those cookies look fabulous!! Love the mini pillow pet!!
Melissa, Maddie & Sas