Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Books, Recipe, and Cupcakes!

Summer is already amazing! Not having to wake up and go to school today was just pure bliss! The only downside is that I had to turn my laptop into my school for a few weeks, so I'm stuck writing blog posts on our old computer :/

But I wanted to drop in and write about a few things - some good books, a really good recipe, and what I did tonight!

First off, yesterday I finished this book. It was SO good. It was a fiction story about 2 friends that open their own bakery. Right up my alley! The ending was my favorite though - it had a lot of twists at the end that I wasn't expecting. I'd definitely recommend this book!

Then I just bought this book yesterday and started it today. This one is nonfiction, and it's about a woman who lived in Paris. I'm not really far into it yet, but so far it's been all about Paris and the bakeries she discovered there! I can't wait to finish it.

This afternoon I made some really good rice krispie treats! I found the recipe here, but I thought I'd post it on here too in case you want to make it. It's a little different, but really good!

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
1 (10.5 oz.) bag mini-marshmallows
1/3 cup of yellow cake mix (not the batter - just the dry mix!)
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 (1.75 oz.) container rainbow sprinkles

Instructions
Spray a little bit of Pam in a large saucepan. Melt the butter in the saucepan. Add half the marshmallows. Stir. Add the rest of the marshmallows. Keep stirring! You pretty much have to stir the entire time so it doesn't stick to the pan :)

Once the marshmallows start to melt, add the cake mix, a little at a time, stirring in between. Add the Rice Krispies 2 cups at a time, stirring after each addition. Once all the cereal is all completely coated, add about half of the sprinkles and mix.

Press the Rice Krispies mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles. Cut after they've cooled for about 30 minutes. Yum!

..................................................
Tonight a few of my friends and I tried out a cute little cupcake place, called Yum! I'd had some of their cupcakes before, but I'd never actually been there. It was really good and cute!

I got their cookies and cream cupcake!

After that we had dinner at Five Guys and walked around Rookwood for a little bit. I'd say it was a pretty good first day of summer!

No comments: