Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fashion Finds, Cake Pops, & Downtown

This weekend was supposed to be my "uneventful & laid-back" weekend. I didn't have any plans going into the weekend, but it ended up being really busy none-the-less!

I got out of school early on Friday, went to lunch with one of my friends, got Zip Dip with my mom, and went to my cousin's baseball game.

I just have to include this cute picture of Coco too :)

On Saturday morning my mom and I headed out to the mall. I found this super cute maxi dress that I ended up getting really cheap! I wasn't a big fan of the maxi in the beginning, but they've really grown on me. When I found one that actually fit me and wasn't too long, I knew I had to get it! It's hard to tell in the picture, but the top has some flowers/designs stitched into it. Kind of simple, but I like it!

I also tried on some Lilly Pulitzer dresses at the mall. I got a gift card for my birthday, and with the rest of my birthday money, I broke down and ordered this dress online. I'm obsessed, and I can't wait for it to come in!

When I got home from the mall, I started working on some cake pops. I haven't made them in a while, and some of my friends at school have been asking me to make them. I finally got around to it this weekend, and I love the way they turned out.

I made Funfetti ones, and it's kind of hard to tell, but I love the subtle colors mixed in the cake balls.

In the past, I've made the entire batch look all the same, but I mixed it up this time and used different colors and sprinkles!


Later on I went to Orange Leaf with my friend Ashley. It was yet another busy day!

Today I finished up my cake pops, so here's some pictures of all the finished products!




I know I posted the big pictures of these, but I love this instagramed one too!

Next weekend I'm making Lalaloopsy cake pops for my cousin's Lalaloopsy themed birthday party. I wanted to test it out a little this weekend so I would know exactly what to do. I don't have black coloring yet, so imagine her with black eyes and a black mouth. I don't think it's too bad for my very first attempt. Now I know what to improve on too for next week!

Coco sleeping today......

Tonight my family went out to eat downtown for my dad's birthday. There's a new part of downtown called The Banks, and it is just so neat! I love the way Cincinnati is really changing. It almost felt like you weren't just in Cincinnati anymore!

They just opened a fun little park area that we walked around in before dinner.





After dinner we had Orange Leaf and then met up with some of my dad's coworkers who were in from out of town. I was a little apprehensive about it, but it ended up being very interesting listening to their stories. I always think it's so funny how everyone lives their lives so different :)

Now I'm off to bed before yet another busy week. But the countdown is on: only 6 more days of school until summer!

No comments: