Monday, May 14, 2012

Cupcakes & Louisville

Before I get to what I did this weekend, I wanted to start off with my Georgetown Cupcakes! I ordered them last week, and I just finished them off this weekend. They were absolutely delicious! They were kind of expensive because you have to ship them overnight, but I still think they were worth it.

My second favorite cupcake was this Mint Cookies & Creme. I LOVED their mint flavors. I had another just plain mint one that was really good too.

But my favorite cupcake was the Red Velvet. I'm a sucker for Red Velvet cupcakes, and this one didn't disappoint :)

Now to my busy weekend..........

On Friday my family went out of town to Louisville. My mom and some of her friends were going to a place called Waverly that night, which is a supposedly haunted old hospital that used to serve people with TB back in the 1950s. I wanted to just tag along though since I wasn't old enough to go (BOO!) and my dad wasn't going either.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any ghost encounters though - ha!

Since we had nothing that we had to be back for on Saturday, we decided to go to Maker's Mark, which is a bourbon distillery. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it actually ended up being a lot more interesting than I had expected!

As we headed home, I snapped this picture of Cincinnati. Not quite the best picture, but I really do love living here. Random, I know.........

Yesterday I made cupcakes. I love the way they turned out! My dad needed to bring in some kind of treat for one of his coworkers, so I got to make something. My dad said the lady loves pink and sparkles, so I think she will love these :)

We went out to dinner last night with my dad's side of the family for Mother's Day, stopped at Zip Dip afterwards, and then I came home and watched Parent Trap. It was a good day!

No comments: