Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I want to start off by saying that I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter! I've been super busy the last few days, so I thought I'd do a little rundown of my Easter weekend before I forget it all :)

On Friday night I went over my friend Melanie's house. It was a crazy night (which I don't know why considering we didn't eat any sugar at all). It involved:

my mouth being duct taped shut

wearing moon shoes

and being tied to a chair
(and I can't believe I actually posted that picture because it is terrible of me, but I thought I had to prove my case, or you might not believe me)

On Saturday night I went to my friend Nicci's house. It was so much fun! Almost all of my friends were there, and some of my friends who I don't normally see were there too!

[I love these pictures because you tell how much we were laughing. That's perfect because laughter pretty much sums up our friendship :) ]


We did a lot of reminiscing on our grade school days. It's always fun to take a little trip down memory lane.

[My friend Nicci and I]

Now I've got to share the traumatic story of my weekend. So, when I was at Nicci's on Saturday, we decided to go outside on her deck. Some of my friends were sticking their feet in the hot tub, but I was just standing around on the deck. Then all of a sudden, my leg started really hurting. I pulled up my jeans, and right by my ankle, my skin was burning. I was wondering what the heck was causing the pain, and a few minutes later I noticed a small red spot on my ankle. I figured I had gotten bit by something, but it wasn't really the end of the world. I tugged on my jeans a little bit more, and that's when I saw it. A giant wasp was inside my pants. I screamed. Actually it was more like I screamed bloody murder. I was running around the deck screaming and crying and shouting that there was a bug up my pants. All of my friends were staring at me and screaming too.

Let me put this into perspective. I have a fear of bugs. I can't kill a bug. If I see a bug inside of my house, I start screaming. Heck, if there is a small dead bug in my house, I can't pick it up and throw it away without freaking out. So, I really flipped out when a wasp was inside of my pants with no way of coming out. I was so close to just ripping my pants off. I'm glad I didn't though because all of my friends, and my friend Nicci's family would have seen me in my underwear, and that would have been mortifying. So, thankfully, I shook my leg a little bit and the wasp fell out. But not before it stung me a second time.

That's right. I went from never being stung by a wasp before to being stung twice and it getting stuck in my jeans. It hurt. I was crying and I was utterly embarrassed.

But I have to admit, I wish someone would have gotten it on video because I'm sure it was absolutely hilarious.

On a lighter note, Easter was on Sunday! I love pretty much any holiday that calls for an excuse to get together with my family.

[I made some more bunny cupcakes for Easter!]

[My Easter basket. The best thing I got were season tickets to the Aronoff for next year. The plays are awesome. I'm super excited to see Beauty and the Beast, West Side Story, Wicked, and Mama Mia, along with some others!]

[My family]

[Coco and I]

We went to brunch with my mom's side of the family. We always go out to eat, and we usually go to a golf course. Their buffet is always good.

[Maddie and I]

[My aunts, my mom, and my grandpa]



[I really like this one!]


[Running around, having fun!]

After we were done with brunch, we went home for a little bit, and then we went over my aunt's to celebrate Easter with my dad's side of the family. Usually we go to my grandma's house, but this year we switched it up, and it worked out great! I have 2 little cousins, so we hid eggs for an Easter Egg Hunt. I think I came up with one of the best hiding spots - but we had to help them find this one :)

[My cousin Hannah]

[Searching for eggs]


After the Easter Egg Hunt, we ate some dinner, and then I played some games with my cousins.

Overall, I'd label this yet another successful Easter!

Today was my last day off :( I headed out to the mall with my mom to do some shopping.

My birthday is coming up, and I've had my eye on this purse for a little while now. My Grandpa gives me money every year, but since we had a coupon, I thought I would get it today and pay my mom back when my birthday is actually here :)

To make a long story short, the computer system said the purse was in stock, but we couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up ordering it to be sent to my house. But the sales associates waved the shipping fees and gave me a 25% discount! I can't wait to get it now.

[This is the one I ended up ordering!]

I'll post some more pictures when I actually get it!

I also got to get some Yagoot at the mall. It's been awhile since I've had it.

When I got home, a package was waiting for me in the mail.

It was the.......
OPI black shatter nail polish!

I've been looking for this all over, so my mom ended up ordering it online because I couldn't find it anywhere!

I tested it out, and I love the way it looks.

That's it for my weekend! I'm so going to hate facing reality tomorrow.......

No comments: