Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Music's In My Soul: Country


It's my first Music's in my Soul post! Today's topic is all about Country music. Growing up, I always loved country. I've drifted away from it a little bit, but I still have some favorite country artists and songs.

1. Kenny Chesney
I used to be obsessed with Kenny. Seriously, he was my favorite artist for the longest time. I've been to 2 of his concerts, and the first one was actually my first concert ever. He really puts on a good show, and some of his songs are just classics to me!

My favorite song of his is "Summertime" - it brings me back to summer every time I hear it!

2. Braid Paisley
I'm not a huge Brad Paisley fan, but I love his song "When I Get Where I'm Going."

4. Jaime O'Neal
I love Jaime O'Neal's "There is No Arizona." I used to love to listen to this song with my mom when it first came out.

5. Kellie Pickler
Over the summer, I got to see Kellie Pickler in concert.

Before then I'd never really known much about her, but now "Best Days of Your Life" is one of my favorite songs!

6. Lady Antebellum
The first Lady Antebellum song that I heard was "Need You Now." I love that song, but I think it was getting a little over played on the radio for a while there. I love the whole "Need You Now" album, but one of my favorites is "Ready to Love Again."

7. Rascal Flatts
"Summer Nights" - probably my favorite Rascal song. Once again, it reminds me of summer, especially the Rascal Flatts concert!
This video is so classic - what's better than a party on the beach on a perfect summer night?

8. Sugarland
I've been a Sugarland fan for a long time now. I've gotten to see them in concert before, and they are great live too!

My first Sugarland favorite was "Baby Girl." I think this will always be one of my favorite country songs.

9. Zac Brown Band
I first heard about the Zac Brown Band over the summer, and I've loved them ever since. Their songs are really beachy and summery, and that is totally my style (if you couldn't tell - ha!). I love "Toes" - that was our vacation theme song this year. But I also love "Highway 20 Ride."

10. Scotty McCreery
Does anyone watch American Idol? Scotty McCreery is my absolute favorite contestant. His voice is so unique, and I find myself falling more and more in love with country music every time I hear him sing.
via

If you only have time to watch 1 video - I would watch this one! I love his voice.

I might have gone a little overboard on this post, but I had fun writing it and looking for videos to post. If you have any country music favorites, share them in the comments! I'd love to read them :)

No comments: