Friday, April 29, 2011

Music's In My Soul: Inspirational


Today's music is all about my favorite inspirational/faith-based songs. I don't always listen to these songs, but when I'm having a bad day, I love having a playlist on my iPod I can turn to.

1. MercyMe
I've seen the quote "and I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain. But if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus, bring the rain." I loved the quote, but I just recently found out it's a song called "Bring the Rain."

2. Christa Black
I know that I've talked about Christa Black on here before, but I wanted to mention her music again! She is super inspirational, and that shines through her music. My favorite songs of hers are "Peace," "The View," and "Drift Away." I couldn't find any of these songs on YouTube, so I thought I'd post some of the lyrics instead. These lyrics are from "The View":

"And I have to say
the view looks fine from here
everything seems nice this time of year
and even though the future is unclear
I might just stick around a while."

3. Chris Tomlin
I love the song "Our God is Greater." It's such a great song!

4. Josh Groban
Josh Groban's song "You Raise Me Up" is just classic.

5. Jessica Andrews
I used to love to listen to Jessica Andrews when I was little, and "Who I Am" is my favorite song of hers!

6. Point of Grace
Point of Grace is another one of my favorites. I have one of their albums and it is just fantastic. My favorite song is "How You Live."

I also like their song, "He Believes in You." I couldn't find this one on YouTube, so here's some of the lyrics from the song:

"Your faith is crumbling
Your feet are stumbling
It's so hard to believe in Him
But He believes in you
When you're at your weakest
And hope's still burning through the night
But you can't see it
You know in you heart He loves you
But at those moments when you can't believe it's true
He believes in you."

7. Rascal Flatts
I know I posted about Rascal Flatts in my country category, but I wanted to mention one of their songs in particular that I think really fits into this theme. That song is "My Wish." It always makes me think of where I'm heading in my life.

Do you have any favorite inspirational songs?

And a side note. I'll probably post again later on today or tomorrow about my first job interview ever. I was super nervous, but it went fine and it was actually really funny. I think it requires it's own post because I don't expect any future interviews to be so funny/weird/crazy. :)

No comments: