Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meet Tilly

I named my car Tilly. It's kind of different, and I like it!

Like I mentioned the other day, my dad and I cleaned Tilly out and she looks SO nice. I had to go out and take some pictures of her, because let's face, she isn't going to look this nice for long.

I'm really into photography lately, so I tried to get a little creative!

She is a green Chevy Prizm.



[I drove my Chevy to the levee........]


My mom pointed out to me that I didn't really take an overall picture of the car - ha! I'm too lazy to get the camera back out and take another picture :)

Now it's time for the inside of the car (not that it's all that exciting). I've got more pictures on what I put inside than pictures of like, the seats. I'm not trying to bore you - I'm sure you've all been inside a car before.

[Hand sanitizer lotion. You know, for after I pump gas]

[My super cute umbrella for when it rains]

My family has this little tradition. Both of my parents have a little "trinket" that they keep in their cars. My mom has a small cross that her dad gave to her when she turned 16. She still has it and has moved it to every car she has had since then. My dad has a little ET figurine that my mom gave to him. I have no idea why she gave him an ET, but it's cute! He has moved that from car to car too. So, my mom has been saying that I need something I can keep in all of my future cars. She came up with the best idea on Sunday.

I got this pin when I was in first grade. My mom bought a whole bunch of them for my family after my grandma passed away, and I used to wear it to school everyday. I think it is such a good idea that this is my trinket. What a cool way to remember that my Grandma's always watching out for me!

I put the pin in its own little compartment so I won't lose it!

[Lipgloss!]
My car would not be complete without a tube of lipgloss!

I put 3 cd's in my car for now. I'm planning on eventually getting an iPod adapter, but I haven't bought that yet.


[I'm just adding this picture in because I think it looks cool]

Last but not least, the little area for my sunglasses. I love the case I have them in!

I almost didn't publish this post because it's really random and kind of dumb. But I'm posting it anyway because I put a lot of time into getting the pictures and writing the post. - ha!

I'm so thankful to be able to have a car to drive. Sometimes I get in the mindset that "everyone" has a car to drive when they turn 16. I know that's not true though, so I feel super blessed to have the privilege to drive this car. I'm just feeling super blessed today!

I will give praise to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise the name of the Lord most high.
~ Psalm 7:17

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

action item wot is dat?

Anonymous said...

I think it's an STD.