Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Remember When: Dance


It's Wednesday, and today I'm reminiscing on my dancing days.

I started dancing when I was really little, and I absolutely loved it.



[Can you tell which one's me?]

As a got older, I became a more competitive dancer (practicing for hours and going to competitions hours away.)


[This was my favorite routine. We danced to Be Our Guest.]

I made some friends while I was dancing too. My one friend in particular, Amanda, I still see occasionally. After we stopped dancing, we still got together pretty frequently. I don't see her as often now because she lives about an hour away and she is very athletic and busy. I did recently get to see her at her surprise 16th birthday party though.


[Amanda's sister Ashley, Amanda, and I]

[Me and Amanda]

I quit dancing in the 4th grade mainly because it just became too much for me. I was getting tired of constantly practicing.

I did go back and take pom at a different studio when I was in 6th and 7th grade.

Sometimes I kind of miss dancing because it was a lot of fun, but then again I don't miss the practice at all!

No comments: