Wednesday, August 10, 2011

American Idol Live!

Yesterday (Tuesday), I went to the American Idol Live! concert in Columbus, Ohio. I absolutely fell in love with the American Idol contestants this year, and I knew that I really wanted to see them in concert. I was so happy that they came relatively close to where I live. I loved every minute of the show, and I took way too many pictures :)

On the way there, we stopped and picked up dinner real quick, where I saw something I have never seen before. It was a palm tree.....
.....in OHIO. It kind of made my day :)

The venue the concert was at was awesome. It was SO nice. I would definitely go back and see another show there. Our seats were pretty good too!

The top 11 finalists were on the tour, and to start things off, the girls came out first.

[Naima Adedapo, Pia Toscano, Thia Megia, and Haley Reinhart]

One of the interesting things about the concert, is that it was totally mixed up. Each person had their time to sing a few songs solo, but then there were also duets and larger group songs mixed in too.

Pia was the first one to sing by herself.

Then it was Paul McDonald's turn.

Then Thia came out. I really, really like her!

The girls came back out to sing a song together, then Stefano Langone took the stage!

The guys came out next.

[Paul, Stefano, Jacob Lusk, Casey Abrams, and James Durbin]


Throughout the season, I really didn't care for Naima, but when it was her turn to sing solo, I thought she did good!

Casey was next.

He sang a duet with Haley also.

Then (almost) everyone came out to sing a song together.

They had intermission next, which I thought was really odd. I had never been to a concert with an intermission before.

Then they finally introduced Lauren Alaina! I absolutely love her. Her live singing did not disappoint one bit!




James came on after Lauren, and he sang really good too. He has such a strong and powerful voice!

Jacob was the next to come on. I must say, I wasn't a huge fan of him during the season, but I didn't think he was too bad last night.

Haley came out to her solo part next.

 

By that point 10 of the 11 contestants had come out and sang their solo pieces, and I knew there was only 1 left. And that just so happened to be my favorite contestant this year!
Scotty McCreery!

Before he came out, they played the clips from all of the seasons of the finale where they announce who won. I thought that was really interesting.

Brace yourself now for a whole bunch of Scotty pictures! Since he is my favorite one, I took a lot of pictures, and most of them turned out good :)






"I love you this big"

Lauren came out to sing a duet with Scotty.

The rest of the girls came out to do some back-up singing for Scotty.

Scotty was my #1 favorite contestant from the auditions, and I'm so glad he ended up winning the whole thing! He got to sing the most songs, which made me very happy :) He is such an awesome live singer.

Everyone came back out at the end for the finale.





I am so glad I got the opportunity to go to this concert! I loved every minute of it. It was different from a lot of concerts I've been to. I liked the fact that every person had their own style, so we heard every kind of music. Plus it was such a wide audience, which I thought was great. There were people from all age groups there, which was different, but neat.

Overall, I loved the show! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to go to an AI Live Concert! My favorites in Season 10 were Lauren, Scotty, Haley and James. I would love to audition for American Idol someday. :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures and experience.

Anonymous said...

I really want to go to an AI Live Concert! My favorites in Season 10 were Lauren, Scotty, Haley and James. I would love to audition for American Idol someday. :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures and experience.