Saturday, August 6, 2011

Caribbean Cruise: Part 3

I'm going to hop right back in where I left off with my last post!

Friday: July 29, 2011
Cozumel, Mexico
Once again, my breakfast on Friday was waffles and a chocolate doughnut. I loved it so much I didn't want to try anything else :)

We got to Cozumel and had a shore excursion booked. We toured the San Gervasio Mayan Ruins.



Part of the shore excursion also included a trip to this little beach. There was a restaurant right there on the water, so we got some lunch. I finally got to eat fried fish! I had been complaining that the ship didn't have any fried fish on the menu, so I had to go all the way to Mexico to get it - ha!


Once again, the water was beautiful!


My dad in the ocean:

We went back to the port area, and then hopped a taxi to the Forum Shops, which was just a downtown area with a lot of shopping. I did find an adorable pair of earrings in Del Sol. Have you ever heard of Del Sol? They have the cutest stuff that changes colors in the sun! My earrings are a pearly-white color, but they turn pink in the sun!

We ended our shopping at Margaritaville, and then hopped a taxi back to the port!

When we got back on the boat, we picked up some ice cream at Sprinkles before getting ready for dinner.

That night's dinner was one of the best ones I had all week! I had strawberry bisque as my starter. I was taking a gamble and trying something new when I ordered that, and I'm so glad I did! It was a cold strawberry soup, but I thought it tasted like a smoothie. I loved it and ate every last drop! Then I had garlic shrimp for my main course and warm chocolate cake for dessert.

We did some shopping on the Royal Promenade and then went to the show of the night. The show was called the Schintas (no idea if I spelled that right...). It was a family who were singers and comedians. They were funny, but some of their jokes were about people I didn't know.

Saturday: July 30, 2011
Day at Sea
Can you guess what I had for breakfast? Waffles and a chocolate doughnut - ha! Here's a look inside the Windjammer Cafe:

Watermelon carving! I know it's a little hard to see, but it's a carving of a dragon.....or maybe a seahorse?


We did a little more shopping (it seems like we did that a lot....). I bought a pen and a scarf :)

We did some more exploring of the ship, and found some places we hadn't gone to yet. One of the places was called The Crypt. It was a nightclub, so we were the only ones in there since we went in during the day. I personally thought the place was really creepy.




I thought it was funny that they always had the day of the week on the floor in the elevators!

We found this little area overlooking the top decks too. It was so pretty!



For lunch, they had a Freedom Fest buffet on the Royal Promenade. This was a fruit bouquet they had out - so cute!

I was obsessed with this Eiffel Tower made out of chocolate!

I had bread, roast beef, and mashed potatoes for lunch. They had an awesome dessert buffet, and I pretty much sampled everything. I tried some chocolate cover strawberries and honeydew, chocolate cake, and meringue.

I took this picture after we ate lunch, and I wanted to post it just because I thought it was really neat!

We spent the afternoon getting some sun on the pool deck and eating ice cream from Sprinkles.

I bought myself another cupcake from The Cupcake Cupboard. This time I tried the chocolate mint cupcake. It was awesome!

Dinner for me was a Caesar salad, fried shrimp and mahi mahi (yummm!), and a chocolate brownie sandwich. The brownie was definitely the best dessert I had all week. It was 2 brownies sandwiched between a layer of chocolate mousse.

After dinner we were able to see the sunset, which was really neat!



The show that night was called the Farewell Show. They had a comedian speak, and then a lot of the staff went up on stage to tell us goodbye.

Sunday: July 31, 2011
This was our departure day, which was a sad day :( We had breakfast in the Windjammer one last time (waffles and a chocolate doughnut!).

We were one of the first groups off the boat, so we claimed our luggage pretty quick, and then we were on our way. The rest of the day was driving, lunch at Wendy's, more driving, ice cream at Dairy Queen.....

...even more driving, dinner at Cracker Barrel, and staying in a Hampton Inn.

Monday: August 1, 2011
We finally made it home in the afternoon. And the only good thing about that was the fact that I got to pick up my puppy! I had missed her a lot more than I normally do :)

And, that's my trip! I think I finally got everything down so I look back on it in a few years (or months!) and remember it all.

No comments: