Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Caribbean Cruise: Part 1

Now I'm going to do a day-by-day run-down of everything I did on my cruise. They might not be the most interesting posts because I'm going to be very detailed, but I have this blog to document my life, so that is what I am going to do!

Saturday: July 23, 2011
This was our longest driving day. We got up at 3 in the morning, and left at our house at 4. Thankfully I slept for a good couple of hours before we stopped for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. This is a vacation tradition - I don't think I have ever gone on vacation and not stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast :)

After breakfast we hopped back on the road and stopped for a picnic lunch a few hours later. I drove for about 2 hours in the afternoon. After that we drove to Jacksonville, Florida, where we stopped for the night. We checked into a Hampton Inn and then went to get something for dinner at Chick-fil-a.

Now for the best part of the day? We went to Rita's!!


I tried a new flavor also - Strawberry Banana!

Sunday: July 24, 2011
We got up Sunday morning and had about a 2 hour drive to Port Canaveral. We dropped off our luggage, but couldn't get on the boat for a few more hours, so we drove to Cocoa Beach and ate lunch at a little place called Mambos. When we went back to get on the ship, we still couldn't get on! Someone on the previous cruise had become very sick, so they had to sail to the Bahamas to get them off the ship. Therefore, they arrived in port late, so it was a mess trying to get on while thousands of people were still trying to get off.

We did (finally!) make it on the ship after hours of driving around and waiting in line! We went and explored the ship and got some soft serve ice cream at Sprinkles.

We had dinner at 6 in the formal dining room. I had prime rib and strawberry meringue for dessert!

After dinner we did some more exploring, and we stumbled across the Finish the Lyrics game show. That was really fun to watch!

We got a late night snack: pizza! It was so good, and it was included so you could get pizza anytime you wanted!

They had a Dreamworks parade on the Royal Promenade, so we stayed to watch that as well!




Monday: July 25, 2011
Day at Sea
We started our day at sea in the Windjammer Cafe, which is a buffet style restaurant. They had a great selection there, but I mainly stuck to the same thing everyday because it was so good! On Monday I got a chocolate doughnut and pancakes!

Then I went.......ice skating! It just amazes me that I was in the middle of the ocean, but I still got to go ice skating. This was really the first time I had ever done it, and it's a lot harder than it looks!



My mom and I walked around the shops a little bit, and then we went to the Port & Shopping Show. I never knew the Caribbean was so well known for buying diamond jewelry!

For lunch we went back up to the Windjammer where I had some awesome cheesy pasta and chocolate desserts!

We put on our suits and did some sunbathing on the pool deck. We didn't stay out too long because we didn't want to get burnt! So, we came back inside and went to the library to read for a little bit.

I went down and got a cupcake from the Cupcake Cupboard! You did have to pay extra for the cupcakes, which was a bummer, but they were so good!

I tried out the Red Velvet cupcake. Oh, my - SO yummy!


Monday was our first formal night, so we got all dressed up and got some formal pictures taken before dinner.

I got a top sirloin for my main course, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert!

We went to a show that night. It was called Marquee. They sang different songs from Broadway musicals. However, I hardly knew any of the songs or musicals, so that was a little disappointing. Out of all the shows, this one was my least favorite, but it was still pretty good!

I think that's enough for one post, but I'll be back with more pictures and stories the rest of the week!

No comments: