Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Change

Today was my last day of summer :/ I didn't do anything overly exciting today, but  it was nice to have a simple, relaxing last day!

I watched Something Borrowed again this morning! We bought it on DVR, so we had if for 24 hours, and I figured I would turn it on while I did some stuff this morning. I baked some chocolate chip muffins and then painted my nails. My nails were in bad shape - they were in desperate need of some TLC, especially my toe nails. They look so much better now!

I painted my finger nails too. I don't know why, but I always feel more accomplished when my nails are painted - ha!

My puppy got a desperately needed haircut today. Now she can actually see!

My mom and I went to PF Chang's for lunch. It's been way too long since I've been there, and it was SO good. We swung by DSW afterwards so I could pick up the boots I've had my eye on. To say I'm obsessed with them would be an understatement.

We went and walked around Target in the afternoon, and then went to Zip Dip for a final summer ice cream treat!

When I got home, I finally got around to do something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I made some digital scrapbook layouts. The first one is of Grand Cayman....

....and the second one is a mix of different pictures from summer.

Tomorrow I start my junior year of high school. A few days ago, I was super nervous, but I'm working on just going with it. I figure that being nervous isn't going to change anything, and it will help so much more to go into this year with a positive attitude instead of a negative one.

I've heard that junior year is the hardest academic-wise, but I'm trying to keep in mind that it is just a season of life, and I won't be stuck studying American history forever! So, I'm pushing all of the negative thoughts out of my head, and I'm going to try to make the best out of all the hard work and learn something from it!

I have a feeling that this year is going to bring a lot of changes in my life, but I am praying that they are good changes and that they shape me into a better person!

I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you, "Don't be afraid, I will help you."
- Isaiah 41:13

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
- Philippians 4:13

No comments: