Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sugar Rush + Busy Days

I feel like I haven't blogged about my "normal" life in a long time! I had those random scheduled posts while I was gone, and then the updates on my vacation - but hardly anything else! So, I wanted to get a quick post in right now because I know I will have no time to blog on Tuesday. So, let's start with Sunday......

On Sunday I had 2 parties to go to. The first one was a pool party at a family friend's house. I had a lot of fun, even though I didn't end up getting in the pool.....

Then we went over my aunt's house for a little family reunion. I love to bake, so I offered to bring some desserts. I pulled up a tutorial I found a little while back......

 .....and made some burgers. But these aren't just any burgers - they are cupcakes, brownies, and icing all put in one little burger.


They tasted as good as they looked. They were pretty easy to make, but it did take some time. I love the way they turned out!

I had some left over cupcakes, so I wanted to do something fun with them also. I found another fun tutorial online, tweaked it a little bit, and came up with these!
They're grills!

These are kabobs made out of Starburst.

And these are little pork chops made out of caramel creams! My favorite part are the grill marks on the steak - ha!

They were a big hit with my family! My uncle and I were joking that we should open a bakery called Sugar Rush - ha!

Today was another busy day. I had a PSAT class in the morning :/, but then I went to Chick-fil-a with some friends afterwards. My friend Abby and I stopped at Hobby Lobby (we do that about every other week :). I ran home and changed into my swim suit and went swimming with my cousins.

I had piano lessons tonight, and then I went over my friend's house for a little while. I have to say, tonight was so much fun. Almost all of my friends were there, and some of them I hadn't seen in forever! It felt good to catch up and just have some fun with all of my friends. We haven't been able to get together a lot over the summer, but I'm glad that we can always pick up right where we left off :)

I've got a super busy week, but I'll try to post some more updates as the week goes on. My friend Rachel was yelling at me for not posting the last few days........

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute cupcakes!! Would you send me the recipes through e-mail?
fearlessdreamer.1992@yahoo.com

I would really love try those cupcakes!! they are really cute!

Rachel said...

yay! I was so excited when I saw that you updated(: and I got mentioned in your blog! haha

and by the way, those cupcakes are adorable!